Connect with Beyers:
Head of Training & Development
A glance back
As a young man Beyers started his career as a sound technician at the South African Broadcasting Corporation, later moved on to be a news journalist at the SABC, but moved on to the University of South Africa (UNISA) as an editor of distance-education university lectures for close to a decade. This became his alma mater, as he obtained a Bachelor’s degree in humanities.
During the 90s he travelled and lived in the US and Canada, and after 9/11 settled in the UK in 2001; taught in a variety of high schools (Mathematics, English, History, IT and more). Back in South Africa had a stint of teaching Mathematics in Gauteng high schools (2006- 2011), followed by teaching positions in private schools in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (2011- 2012), and as a lecturer in Business Studies at the Riyadh Polytechnic (2013-2014).
In 2014, he was appointed Academic Head: High School for an international distance education college, Cape Town (2014-2015). Briefly in a position as Lecturer/Author; Academic Faculty, Boston City Campus & Business College, Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa; 2015/2016.
Since then Beyers worked as an educational consultant and academic publication editor, between 2016-2019 until joining our team in 2020.
Beyers & ARC Business Process Outsourcing
Beyers forms part of one of the most crucial elements of our team, training and staff development. The success of ARC relies heavily on the work done by Beyers and his team in facilitating and assimilating information and training materials from our clients and building persistent training modules for agents based on the clients scope of work.
His firm belief that a sound training base and continual improvement of knowledge base materials for the teams is crucial to first class customer service has served ARC well thus far and our clients feedback confirms his value to our team.
- IBM/Coursera; Current IBM Applied Artificial Intelligence (AI), Professional Certificate, focus on AI and ML & derivatives.
- Duke University, North Carolina, USA in 2019: Attained courses Business Metrics for Data-Driven Companies, Mastering Data Analysis in Excel, Data Visualization and Communication with Tableau.
- TESOL Certification (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), Arizona State University, Arizona, USA in 2018.
- Peking University & Shanghai Jiao Tong University; Course Certificates Completed (2018/2019): Mandarin Chinese 1: Chinese for Beginners, Chinese for HSK1, Chinese for HSK2, Chinese for HSK3 PART I, Chinese for HSK3 PART II, Learn Chinese: HSK Test Preparation.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in 2006 from the General Teaching Council for England, via Canterbury Christ Church University, Kent, UK
- Post-Graduate Certificate in e-Business, Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen,Scotland in 2004.
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Distance Education/Online Learning, Open University, UK in 2003; as well as several Mathematics courses.
- Baccalaureate , University of South Africa (UNISA) in 1978